Wednesday, June 13, 2007

New York MySQL Meetup

Yesterday night, I presented "Scaling InnoDB for Fotolog" at the New York MySQL Meetup. Judging from the number of questions, and how many people stayed after the presentation was over, I can say that it was a success.

I was very excited when I saw Partha Dutta (of Right Media) enter the room. Had really good chat with folks from New York Times.

Later, Kerry Ancheta, Partha, Michelle and I went to Les Halles. I had "cotes d'Agneau grillees au Romarin", which was really yummy.

A big thanks to Marc Simony of Logic Works for inviting me to speak and for sponsoring the event.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curses, I was in New York Tuesday and Wednesday! Maybe next time.

Anonymous said...

My name is Joel Shapiro and I found this site while reasearching resumes. We have an 8 week project where we are looking for a MYSQL DBA. If you or anyone that you know are interested, this is in Hoboken, NJ. Please email jmshapiro@staffitinfo.com.

Thanks!

Joel