Sunday, November 19, 2006

MySQL Camp: Good Time Flies Fast

It's really hard for me to believe how time has just been flying. Ever since I got back from the very awesome MySQL Camp at Google headquarters, I have been planning to write about it but for one reason or another, I couldn't.

Short version is that I had a great time at the MySQL Camp. I got to meet a lot of new and old friends. It was like a dream come true to hang out with everyone. Very special thanks to everyone I met at the conference as I had some very good discussions. Also thanks to:

Kevin Burton of TailRank for his idea
Jay Pipes for his intense hard work to make this event a big success
Leslie "Hacker Herder" Hawthorn, Mickey, Kynan, Chris and others for their excellent hospitality
Jeremy Cole and Eric Bergen of Proven Scaling for the plentiful, unending supply of beer
Brian Aker, Mårten Mickos, Michael "Monty" Widenius, David Axmark, Zack Urlocker, Ken Jacobs for just being there :)
Google for being an excellent host of this first camp and providing gourmet food and T-Shirts
MySQL for making the event possible
everyone for hanging out at the Tied House

I also got to hangout with Sheeri Kritzer, Baron Schwartz, Kaj Arnö, Kevin Burton, Dathan Pattishall and many other cool people.


There were so many cool sessions at the camp. Ronald Bradford has many good blog posts about the happenings of MySQL Camp at Google. I will write more about this as I get some time.

Overall, something that I would definitely love to attend next time.

No comments: