Monday, January 09, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

I have been really busy for the past few days and didn't get a chance to post anything on my MySQL blog. I have recently moved to Lavonia, GA (don't ask me why) and have been working on my Open Encyclopedia project.

First, thanks to everyone for helping me out with my last post. Honestly, the power of the community at MySQL makes me love it more and more every day.

While implementing Jeremy's mytop, I decided to give the help files a full read this time and was quite surprised to find Jeremy recruiting for Yahoo!. Since then I have been really thinking about sending my resume to Yahoo (the one I wrote for Google but never mailed). I have decided I can willingly work for any company so long its not Google.

Here are some news briefs that I wanted to blog about:

During the CES 2006 Google launched Google Pack, something I find totally useless. Yahoo's Go for Mobile, TV and Desktop seem quite innovative so can't wait to try it out.

After acquiring Del.icio.us, Yahoo! has now acquired Webjay and launched a music blog (thanks Jeremy). Interestingly enough, WebJay currently shows Google Ads (might wanna change that soon Jeremy).

Bill Gates has a new strategy at hand. He is brilliantly down playing Google as a threat now a days and appraising the role of IBM.

Last year when one of my servers hosting my blog got hacked, I spent over 3 months implementing custom solutions on the server so it won't get hacked again. During the down time I had no choice but to migrate my blog.

I have finally launched my personal blog at http://mashraqi.com. Nothing technical there (that's why it's a personal blog) but you are more than welcome to stop by. Apart from this blog, so far I have been mostly posting on my Linux, oneliners and search scandals blogs. Faeriebell has tagged me to post 5 weird or interesting things about me so I will be posting those shortly on mashraqi.com blog.

That's it for now. Stay tuned for more or come and help me out at OE :)


Technorati:

No comments: