So Mike, from now on you don't have to penalize me by not posting a comment. I am pleased to announce that comments are now open to anyone, not just the registered blogger.com users.
Big thanks to the following for their almost immediate support.
- Mike Hillyer for "Updating Another Table With MySQL Triggers"
- Markus Popp for Creating log tables with triggers (Somehow read my mind)
- Kristian Köhntopp for Triggers maintaining summaries: Kristian shows us how to
"have a users table with a summary field, and a detail table with a value field. When records are inserted, modified or deleted with changing values in the detail table, the matching summaries in the users table are updated."
- Scott Noyes for his comment
- Roland for his tips and the following comment:
That's amazing - almost like a chain reaction! Suddenly, everybody at Planet MySQL is writing something on triggers.It amazed me too. Seemed like everyone was waiting to talk about it and I just pulled the "trigger" :)
- Sheeri and Ronald for their comments on "How to convince a DBA?".
Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.
As can be evident from the above, the MySQL community rocks!
P.S. I accidentally misspelled Roland Bouman's name when thanking him earlier in this post. Roland, I sincerely regret the error.