Saturday, January 13, 2007

MySQL Performance Tuning Training in Washington, DC

I will be spending the coming week in Washington, DC to attend a four day MySQL performance tuning training session.

I believe Tobias Asplund will be the presenter. During the MySQL conference last year (then known as MySQL Users Conference), I attended a three hour performance tuning session presented by Tobias and Peter Zaitsev and enjoyed it very much so I cannot wait to attend this one.

The training will be held at MySQL's training facility in downtown Washington, DC.

I will be staying at Washington Suites in Georgetown, DC. Their suites are less expensive than many hotel rooms.

A big thanks to Ronald Bradford for recommending the training session, my boss Warren Habib for agreeing to sponsor me and Kerry Ancheta for assisting me in the invoicing process.

Ronald and Michelle have more on the trip.

If you are planning to attend the training, drop me a line and let's get together for a drink or two.

If you have a MySQL performance tuning question, especially if they are related to InnoDB and IO bound issues, send away as a comment and I will try to get it answered for you.

No comments: