I will be attending Community One tomorrow and on Thursday at Marriott Marquis Hotel, New York, NY. I am especially looking forward to the announcements tomorrow which sound very interesting :)
The first day is a free event featuring:
* Cloud Platforms – Development and deployment in the cloud.
* Social and Collaborative Platforms – Social networks and Web 2.0 trends.
* RIAs and Scripting – Rich Internet Applications, scripting and tools.
* Web Platforms – Dynamic languages, databases, and Web servers.
* Server-side Platforms – SOA, tools, application servers, and databases.
* Mobile Development – Mobile platforms, devices, tools and application development.
* Operating Systems and Infrastructure – Operating systems and virtualization.
* Free and Open – Open-source projects, business models, and trends.
The second day of the event is focused on Deep Dives with two half-day sessions on MySQL and two full-day sessions on Java and Web development. I will be attending the session, "Using Java EE and SOA to Architect and Design Robust Enterprise Applications."
Following the conference, I will be a panelist at a Cloud Computing Seminar at Microsoft office in NY. It's going to be a long but exciting day!
It will be great to catch up with old and new friends at the event.