Thursday, August 24, 2006

MySQL Benchmarking 2

In my last post MySQL Benchmarking 1, I was installing Sysbench on a Solaris 10 machine. However I stopped at
./configure
because I was getting compiler errors due to the SUNWsprot and SUNWsprot Sun OS packages not being installed.

After getting them installed on the server I tried to run the ./configure again and this time although the compile process went a little further, it stopped after throwing the following errors.
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm,

Interesting. We tested Solaris 10 using Sysbench.

Mail kaamos@mysql.com he might be able to help.

Frank said...

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the tip. I was able to move forward by installing Sun OS headers package. I am still stuck on compilatin and will post about it soon.

Frank

Anonymous said...

I had a similar issue with sysBench and mysql 5.0.22 specifically. If I used any newer or older version it compiled just fine.

Frank said...

Install this package:
SUNWhea/